The project aims at:
- improving road safety.
- making adults aware about their responsibilities on road safety, specially about alcohol, medicines and other substances consumption, the fulfilment of the norms (use of the seat belt, helmet, speed limits) and the prudence (visibility, respect the others…).
- promoting responsible health habits.
- making aware about the physical and psychical consequences of the traffic accidents: how to prevent them and how to face them, overall the risks and consequences of the disabilities.
- training the instructors and educators to develop education and sensitization strategies on road safety suitable to the different target groups.
- elaborating high quality products, tested by the different sectors involved on road safety – education – health.
To reach them, the project has produced:
- A report of adult education and road safety for participating countries.
- Curriculum design for the road safety education for adult education.
- Elaboration of 3 formative modules for: (1) to fight against the excessive and improper speed, and driving under the effects of the alcohol; (2) To promote the use of the helmet, the seat belt ant other security devices; (3) To improve the visibility of the pedestrians and cyclists.
- Elaboration of 3 didactic guides for the teacher staff, one on each module.
- Elaboration of 3 self-education didactic units.
- A model of road safety in adult education course. A model of course for adult educators and driving instructors. A model of road safety in adult education e-learning course.