Objective: To provide the necessary skills and competencies to managing, administrating and teaching staff of schools, so as to ensure the quality and the effective evaluation of education at all levels. The course will provide insight at the developments at European level as well as at quality assurance and evaluation methodologies applied in education.
Participants will be asked to participate in a training needs assessment, by filling in a questionnaire.
Furthermore, depending on the sending country and on the participant own profile, they will be asked to prepare some contributions in the form of national initiatives or good practices at system level, local level or school level.
Participants will have access to on-line resources and an on-line community coordinated by an e-learning facilitator.
In-class training, workshop, exercises, case studies, exchange of experience.
- Teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- Teacher trainers
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors
- Headteachers/ principals/ managers of schools
- Other (paid or voluntary) management staff in the institution/ organisation
- Non-teaching administrative staff
- Members of students/ teachers councils in adult education
On-line platform with training resources for the learners that are interested in further reading.
Sofia Spiliotopoulou, Chemical Engineer, Economist, MSc in Regional development, expertise in evaluation, project management, social inclusion, stress management.
Natassa Kazantzidou, Chemical Engineer, MSc in Information Systems, expertise in quality in training, project planning and management, evaluation.
Panagiotis Kenterlis, Economist, MSc in Total Quality Management, Lead Auditor of ISO 9001 quality management systems.
- Ice breaking session
- Quality of school education Sixteen indicators: indicators on attainment, indicators on success and transition, indicators on monitoring of education, indicators on resources and structures
- Workshop: Exchange of experiences, examples of national initiatives, good practices
- Quality management: basic principles
- An introduction to total quality management, EFQM, ISO 9001
- EFQM excellence model, the 9 criteria
- Case study: Benchmarking of Quality assurance in vocational schools
- Exercise: on-line self-assessment of quality assurance practices
- ISO 9001 in depth, guidelines for education sector
- Case study: Process map in an art school
- Exercise: Development of process map, core processes and monitoring plan for own organizations.
- Introduction to evaluation of schools and projects
- Design your own evaluation framework
- Exercise: planning the evaluation
- Understand your programme environment
- Exercise: identifying the stakeholders
- Understand your project activities
- Exercise: define criteria and indicators
- Case study: evaluation plan
- Record outputs and lessons
- Exercise: Data collection planning
- Understand programme impact
- Exercise: development of a questionnaire
- Analyse and use results
- Share experiences on outputs
- Evaluation of this training course
Subscription fee: 750 euros
- Attendance of 5 days training course
- Learning material
- Access to e-learning platform, follow up of the training and networking with the other participants
Certificate: Europass Mobility including description of learning outcomes acquired.
Please note that you can only apply for funding now in the training session of 2-6/12/2013. If you are interested to attend the previous training sessions of 2013, you have to cover the cost by other means of funding (own, sponsorship etc).