RES COMPASS objectives are:
- To improve European dimension of guidance about emerging RES-related occupations
- To improve careers information on these occupations
- To boost employment in the sector
- To contribute to the development of the RES sector
The project’s results are:
- Assessment of training opportunities through the analysis of the current demand from the RES industry and the training provided by secondary and higher education, companies and training centres.
- Development of training curricula per RES occupation and info on current training offered in the 27 EU member states for wind energy, solar thermal, PV energy, bio energy, hydropower, geothermal and high performance buildings.
- Development of tests that assess the knowledge, a student required to follow a career in the RES sector.
- Development of an online web based tool incorporating the tests and training curricula developed by the partnership and allowing students to test their skills against those required by a specific RES occupation.
- Overall evaluation and piloting of the RES COMPASS tool by end users (high school/ higher education students) and the tool facilitators/ promoters (career advisors/ job counsellors/ employment professionals/ teachers/ professors).