The European Centre for the Development of Vocational Education & Training (CEDEFOP) has assigned to IDEC a project entitled "Europass, ECVET and EQF for documentation, validation and certification of learning outcomes", following an open tender procedure.
The objectives of the study are:
- to adapt the templates of the Europass Mobility and Certificate Supplement in view of their combined use with EQF and ECVET;
- to update the relevant instructions;
- to carry out a feasibility study on the relevance and potential of ECVET in the Europass Mobility and Certificate Supplement, for documentation, validation and certification purposes. This implies:
- to test the use of Europass Mobility and Certificate Supplement in Education and Training as a documentation basis along the ECVET process (esp. while agreeing upon contents of mobility, nurturing mutual trust, securing learning mobility);
- to analyse the use and assess the role of Europass Mobility for the purposes of validation and certification of learning outcomes, with references to ECVET and EQF;
- to formulate corresponding recommendations for policy and practice.
The project has a pilot and exploratory character based on a sample of countries, namely Germany, Ireland, France, Hungary and Finland and a sample of qualifications: mobile telecommunication technician or telecommunication technician or web-developer, hotel receptionist, international commerce specialist, production supervisor in chemical industry, assistant nurse.
The outputs of the study are:
- A final report including a feasibility study and policy recommendations
- Revised templates of Europass Certificate Supplement and Europass Mobility
- Revised instruction of Europass Certificate Supplement and Europass Mobility