PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (ISO 9001)
What is ISO 9001?
Without doubt, ISO 9001 is the world's most popular business model. The standard ISO 9001 defines the procedures and processes implemented by a company in almost all its activities.
ISO 9001 is not a standard for products but a standard for procedures. It is a business organization standard for quality.
Who is concerned?
The standard ISO 9001:2008 has universal use for all types of organizations and businesses. However, it is shaped differently, so that it applies in each case, depending on the company size and sector of activity.
Quality Certification ISO 9001
- What it is?
Certification that the Quality Management System, implemented by a company or organization, complies with the requirements of standard ISO 9001:2008.
- How to certify a business?
Immediately after installation of Quality Management System, a certification audit from an independent Notified Certification Body is taking place. After the successful audit, the certificate ISO 9001:2008 is issued for the company.
- For how long is valid?
The certificate is valid for 3 years after the first version. Every year for the next two years an annual audit of supervision is made by the Certification Body. After three years an audit for renewal is taking place and the certificate is re-issued (if the relevant requirements are met) and it is valid for the next three years, following the procedures above for periodic surveillance audits. Note that the number and frequency of audits depend on the size, scope, complexity of activities and different locations of an enterprise.
What are the benefits for a company?
Meeting the requirements of the standard contributes to:
- Better organization and management of the firm
- Develop a good business policy and objectives for present and future
- Optimizing organizational structure
- Optimizing the operation of all work "one to one" implemented in business
- Establishing rules of operation and joint working for all staff involved in a clear and documented way
- Improved quality of offered services for greater customer satisfaction
- Implementing quality control for the processes.
- Improving collaboration with customers - suppliers through the establishment of defined and commonly accepted rules.
- Development and commitment of staff through ongoing education and information
- Troubleshooting and resolving chronic problems
- Implementation of improvement system through the expertise resulting from the problems identified.
- Reduction of the final operating costs (despite the cost for developing and maintaining the system), as a result of better organization and more efficient management of resources
- Improve company image and market visibility through the notification of certification.
- Strong competitive advantage for the company's Marketing
- Increased turnover and profits
What is the role of IDEC S.Α.?
Our company, having considerable experience in implementing and certifying quality management systems, can provide a comprehensive support package that includes:
- Study of the current way of working and diagnosis needs.
- Analysis of business per segment or per each distinct task (process analysis under the terminology of the standard).
- Determine criteria and methods of process control.
- Develop documents (electronic or print).
- Staff training.
- Supervising the implementation of the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Monitoring compliance with relevant records and evidence.
- Writing quality manual and procedures.
- Undertake all procedures until the final certification.
- System support after certification and during implementation of the Quality Management System.